Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pclinuxos

• Please log in to reply

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
This should help out.

Advertisements

trucker

trucker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
ive gotten the driver to take and it say device is there but when i iwconfig nothing. so driver is installed everything looks right all the way thru ndiswrapper -v . this has worked with both the xp8185 and the 8185x64. with the 64 if i reboot sys wont load it locks. also with the xp when it first starts. Im guessing here to load the kernel before the splash screen i see something about this driver not being able to load due to a Key not assigned i think it goes pretty fast. if there is away I could stop it to read that may help.

I got the ndiswrapper thing down now if nothing else :) I can load a driver Thats a good thing

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
I was playing around with my laptop and apparently there is no automatic script for managing the network adapters in the 64bit version.(I've been setting mine up manually for so long I forgot to look) It sets up manually from the Mepis network assitant without a problem. I guess I'm going to have to do some research and see if someone has a fix or a work around.

trucker

trucker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
Well if you have read this far then you know its been a struggle to make this Gateway MT3421 work with linux. What ive ended up with a working system now using Kubuntu 8.04. sound worked out of the box but wifi had to have WinXP_2K wireless driver installed with ndiswrapper. As far as I can see now all onboard hardware is working :)

Edited by trucker, 31 May 2008 - 07:20 AM.