Posted 27 April 2005 - 01:00 AM
Posted 27 April 2005 - 01:30 AM
There are a few things I need you to do to get us started! You may want to print these instructions, or save them to a Notepad file on your desktop until we are done!
1. Please download the latest version of Ad-aware(Ad-aware SE 1.05) If you're using an older version (or don’t have AdAware yet), download Ad-aware SE Personal 1.05 and install it.
Before scanning with Ad-aware SE Free:
Run a FULL adaware scan using the following configuration below
- Select Check for updates.
- Then Connect and download SE1R28 16.02.2005 .
- Click Start
- Select Perform Full System Scan and hit Next to let Ad-Aware scan your drives.
- It will list malware files and registry keys. Click Next.
- Under the Critical Objects tab, rightclick in the list, choose Select All, then Next.
- It will ask for verification of checked items-. Choose OK.
- Close Ad-Aware, Shut down and reboot your system.
(Please ensure you have version 1.3 final.)
Home - The home of Spybot-S&D!: http://www.safer-networking.org/
Here is a nice Tutorial http://www.safer-net...p?page=tutorial
- Go to Start > Programs >Spybot Search & Destroy and choose 'Spybot S&D'
- Close ALL windows except Spybot S&D
- Click the button 'Search for Updates' and download and install the Updates.
- Next click the button 'Check for Problems'
- When Spybot is complete, it will be showing 'RED' entries BLACK entries and GREEN entries in the window
- Make sure there is a check mark beside the RED entries ONLY.
- Choose Fix Selected Problems and allow Spybot to fix the RED entries.
RAV online scan<<<Add a check by 'Autoclean', leave everything else as is.
4. Download HijackThis
Save HijackThis in its own folder (i.e. C:\HJT). DO NOT run it from within a zip manager (Winzip), as no backups will be saved.
Double Click to open HijackThis, and then click the "Scan and Save Log" button on the left. When it is finished scanning, the results will open automatically in Notepad. Copy and paste the ENTIRE scan result here in a reply to this thread for me to see, and we will go from there to get you cleaned up!
Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:26 AM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with address of this thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users