Currently I have this planned:
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770
Thermal Take Blue Orb II
OCZ 4 GB DDR3-1600 Kit
Either Asus/Gigabyte/MSI 9600GT Silent
2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TiB
Anything that can read DvDs is fine.
Thermaltake Thoughpower 750W
Enermax Big Chakra (couldn't find anything better that I like, I'm picky)
1. Do I really need a x64 operating system to 100% use 4GB memory?
2. Is the power supply good enough for this configuration? And how does Watt affect performance?
3. Is the power supply and processor cooler silent enough? Or is there anything better? (I kind of don't understand how water cooling works)
5. Is this whole configuration possible, or did I miss anything important? (No I don't want a [bleep] floppydrive)
6. Does the Blue Orb fit on the XFX N790 (the XFX N790 has a pretty big cooling wall)?
7. Before I decided to go for the XFX N790 I picked the Asus Striker Extreme II but it has a watercooling tower on the Northbridge, is this optional or not, and is there a comparison list of both?
8. Does the mid-end videocard bottleneck the performance of a high-end mobo/processor/memory?
I'm also having a bit of a dilemma with the QX9770
A lot of people claim you pay about 500$ just to get the pretty "Core 2 Extreme" sticker and that the QX9770 is hardly worth it because you can reach 1600MHz on a 45mm very fast (I honestly don't understand a thing of it)
I've tried Googling for a comparising list so I can compare the speed/performance of the QX9770 with something equal to it but it seems the QX9770 is so new it isn't on any list yet (or I used the wrong keywords in Google)
Thanks in advance and please don't break down too much of my configuration, I've been changing it for months now.