Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

.dll error

• Please log in to reply

Jrdn

Jrdn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently installed Windows XP SP3 beta rc2; but when the final release came out, then installer said that it could not reconise what operating system I was using.

I thought that by downgrading back to SP2 would sort this out so I did this by going to control panel -> add or remove programs -> and clicking on the SP3 link.

After the unistall had finished a whole slew of errors popped up; all refering to the "Ordinal 13 could not be found in the .dll"

This means that I am now unable to use most of the .exe programs that are installed on my system such as windows media player and internet explorer. Wierdly enough, firefox still works fine but I cannot download anything because it says that the "Privacy Zone policy" is wrong. Therefore I cannot use windows update or firefox to download SP3.

Worst still, I've lost my re-install CD with XP SP1a on it.

I've backed up all of my files so any format is fine.

Does anyone have any idea of how to get out of this situation by either a fresh re-install of windows or an upgrade?

Advertisements