Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Weird CounterStrike Source Lag !

• Please log in to reply

Jeffyh

Jeffyh

• Pip
  • 4 posts
first of all,I just registered so Greetings to the site :)

And now my Lagg problem !

If I play Counterstrike source, World of Warcraft and other games ...Then I can play like, 2 minutes normal.. then I start to lagg for 1 minute, then I can play normal again .. then the lagg starts for 1 minute again ... that the WHOLE time

What is this ?? I don't know much about computers ... But I liked some help please
I'm searching for 2 months allready to fix this lagg, and still nothing ...
The one who can fix my problem ... OMG i will love him or her ... :)

Please, I would like to play normal again, tell me what to do .. Post a Print Screen, ... EVERYTHING I WILL DO :) or add my

Thanks for Watching.

Greetings,

Jeff

Edited by starjax, 30 May 2008 - 12:57 PM.
removed messanger id/email for users protection

Advertisements

Jeffyh

Jeffyh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Is there nobody that can help me ??

I thought Geeks to go was a good Site ? :)

PROVE ME ! and Help me with my problem please :) 40 vieuws, no replies ? nonono, i want 1000 vieuws and 800 relies guys :)

Tell me what you know about my lagg, something is better then nothing !

Greetings,

Jeff

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
start by posting your systems specs. Then tell us what you have tried to do so far, so that we don't repeat any steps.

Also, have you installed service pack 1 for vista?

Jeffyh

Jeffyh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Aha thanks for the post man ! i gave up the hope someone would reply, but now i see someone did :) so i will check the forum a little more :)

Phuh .. i tried a lot of things allready . like reinstalling Css and World of Warcraft and stuff .. tried to Remove WoW of my pc to check if it would go faster ..I always Shut Msn down and stuff .. i tried all virus scanners and the cleaning stuff .. NOTHING works ..

will tell you what my System Requirments are :

Processor: AMD athlon ™ 64 X2 Dual-Core processor TK-55 (1800MHz)

Motherboard: MS- 171B (MSI)

RAM: 2GB

Videocard: ATI RAdeon X1200 Series (160mb)

Operating System: Vista home premium (32-bit) SP1

Hard Drive: 160 GB

And

Yep, i got the Service Pack 1

so i hope you can help me now :) Thanks a lot for the help !

Greets,

Jeff

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
There are two kinds of lag. Network and hardware. This is why I asked for your system specs.

Hardware (video):
while your video is a little on the slow side, it certainly is well within the specs for both games. Your processor is certainly sufficient. So that means your not being constrained by system resources. Next is to check heat issues. Try taking some canned air and blow out all the fans (video card, power supply, cpu, case). then try running with the case open for a while and see if that helps.

Drivers: Often we recommend that you updated to the latest driver http://ati.amd.com. After downloading the new driver, please be sure to uninstall the old driver and software (be sure to reboot when completed) before installing the new drivers.

Network:
Go to a command prompt by Start/run/ and type in cmd
then type in ping followed by an ip address
ping 127.0.0.1

What your trying to ping is the server you play on. The quicker the response the better.

Next, in the command prompt, type in tracert followed by the ip address
tracert 127.0.0.1
Let this go for a bit. If at anytime there is a "no response" after the 3rd line, then you will probably have found your point of lag. A point of no response or suddenly high response times can cause lag, slow downloads, and so forth.

Are you on wireless or a wired connection? Wireless will automatically add overhead and delay to your network connection and normally results in a poor connection for gaming.

Jeffyh

Jeffyh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well, i gonna try what you said, but i think it cant be the Network, because i tried to play 'Computer Mode' if you know what i mean .. ? ( not online but fight with Computers ) ... So i think it's the Hardware =)

i let you know more if i tried what you said :)

Greets,

Jeff