Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Asus N6600 GT

• Please log in to reply

tomgreen

tomgreen

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hy!

I bought Asus N6600 GT a week ago....everything was fine until I ran heavy game (NFSU2, DOOM3...) so... specially I had play NFSU2 ( about 1 hour) and when I checked the temperature...the heatsinks were so hot ( temp. of GPU are between 59 and 65 C)... The game was little breaking:( So I have decided to buy a new cooler....

Question for you people...... which cooler I able to put on my Asus N6600 GT??
Does anyone have some experience with Zalman VF700-cu??? Is it good for my graphic card (cooling well)? What about this 3 cm out off on picture?
http://www.zalman.co...6600GT_eng.html

Please, help...

Advertisements

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
I think they mention the cooler overhang on an AGP card for a situation where the case is small. if you have room enough for the cooler overhang, (and an empty PCI slot next to GPU that will be covered by fan), you should be fine.
I am wondering if you have enough cooling in the case- if not, then the heat the video card is adding could be causing the whole system to be too warm. check your case and CPU temps to see if they are high.
in any case, it would be easiest and cheapest to add another case fan, especially one pulling cool air into the case. this will cool everything down, and probably avoid the trouble of having to add an aftermarket fan to the video card.

tomgreen

tomgreen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello!

I have one huge 15 W (12x12) fan on the left side of the box which is blowing the wind on gpu (from behind) and it's parallel with motherboard... , huge cpu cooler (3D rocket pro) from gigabyte and GPU default fan 1104910800_3_s.jpg ....... It must not be problem here....

Temperature: GPU (normally is 36-42 C) when I play games (50-65 C)....Some peoples are getting temperatures up to 85 C...
CPU (normally is 30-35 C), in games (about 50 C)
Ambient T. (20-30C)

When I had talk to someone with the same g. card....he doesn't have problems with breaking.....he told me when he is playing games (on purpose NFSU2) his temperature rises to 85 C and everything works properlly without breaking.he has default cooler like me ( check the picture)....

I don't know where is the problem...... :tazz:

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
that huge fan is keeping things cool, thats for sure. your temps all look real good. video cards these days can run really hot, yet seem ok with it.

my guess now is that its just a settings issue in the game, try turning down the display settings in game a tad, especially if you have high details on, or the AA turned up.
or maybe another program on the PC running while you are in a game. example, virus or adware scan kicks in and runs, which slows down game performance. this has happened to me a few times.

tomgreen

tomgreen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Look man..... I tried with turning off AA and change details to low, but this problem didn't stop at all ;) I have paid a lot of money for this card, so it must run properlly even if deatils are in high mode ( it can run slow but it mustn't breaking)... It could be problem with RAMs...because they aren't sticked on cooler...

I decided to return this card.....

I need to know which of asus: 6600 gt or n6600 gt (AGP) are more stability in games?

UV_Power

UV_Power

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
My Asus 6600 8x AGP runs pretty stable. No overheating problems so far. I've only had it for about two weeks though so I am keeping my fingers crossed that there will be no problems. I mostly play CoH on high resolution everything.

Also, never underestimate the power of a PCI slot exhaust fan. *warning* they are designed to push out hot air from the case and not from your video card (I've had too many complaints about that one). I put one right underneath my card and it ran 1-3 degrees cooler idle and about 4-6 degrees cooler while playing games. Not much change, but worth considering for $10 if you are worried about cooling... :tazz:

Edited by UV_Power, 24 May 2005 - 02:09 AM.