Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS-DOS

• Please log in to reply

K33N4N

K33N4N

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
hi my tried to uninstall espon printer software as i got new printer but wen i go to [bleep]/remove programs and try to delete it a error message keeps coming up and saying that windows is not able to run in MS-DOS what is wrong with my PC can any 1 out there help??? :tazz:

Advertisements

K33N4N

K33N4N

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
is any 1 nit able to help me? if yiu can plz hola bk!!

bdlt

bdlt

• PipPipPip
  • 876 posts
here's something you can try while waiting for a better idea:

try deleting the printer from Printers and Faxes

start>Printer and Faxes>left click on printer>file>delete

K33N4N

K33N4N

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hey tried that already it didn't work this is the error message that come up
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and
Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
That error message is normally caused by one of the following 3 files being corrupted : autoexec.nt, config.nt or command.com.
All 3 reside in the windows\system32 folder.

The easiest way to repair autoexec.nt & config.nt, is to copy them from the windows\repair folder into system32 folder. Once you've copied them into system32, right click on one of the 2 files, select properties & enable the read only attribute. Repeat for the second file.

Try & uninstall your printer again. If you still have problems, let me know & I'll tell you how to repair command.com as well, plus a different method for repairing autoexec & config, in case the ones in the repair folder were also corrupt.

K33N4N

K33N4N

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
tried that but the task keeps not responding is there any other way to get rid of it?