Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Packard Bell Bios Hardware

• Please log in to reply

ladyv37

ladyv37

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Let me apologize up front. I know a little about computers, but not a lot.

I given a Packard Bell Model A940-TWR. The problem I'm having is the system won't regonize my printer. I went into the hardward and for the printer I had the following message.

This devide is disabled because the BIOS for the divice did not give it any resources (Code 29)

You must enable the device in the BIOS. See your hardward documentation for details, or contact your manufacturer to get an updated Bios.

Can anyone tell me what this means and is this something I can do myself.

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
Welcome to geekstogo
I'm looking into this to see if I can find the info. that we will need to help you with your printer this is a old system is it going to take some time to find things on it.
<_<

ladyv37

ladyv37

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

Has anyone been able to get me a solution to my Bios printer problem. I still cant print anything. <_< :D

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Try clearing your BIOS and resetting it to default values. Disconnect the power, open the case, and remove the battery (nickle sized watch battery) for at least five minutes. Reconnect the power, turn on your system and reset the time and date. Hopefully, this will do it. <_<

ladyv37

ladyv37

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
<_< Thank you very much for the information. I just did what you said and now my printer works again. :D :D :D