Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Crop an image into tiles

• Please log in to reply

Gamer2bn

Gamer2bn

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
I'm in the middle of programming a game and I've run into a little snag.

I need to crop an image into 48 x 48 pixel squares.

If anyone knows of a program that can automate this it would be a great help. Otherwise I will be trying to do it manually in paint, and it could be alot of tiles so that won't be much fun definatly alot more than 288 probably 5,000 x 5,000 tiles.

I googled it and found 2 program names one I couldn't find the program and the other I couldn't figure out how to use.

Advertisements

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
First off there's a program called ACDSee Pro (not free though) which has a batch-resize option where you can select a whole host of images and resize them to a size you prefer. Alternatively you can use Adobe Bridge, which also comes with batch tools with which you can resize a lot of images at once.