Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hate microsoft?

• Please log in to reply

charge06

charge06

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
I read this many times. Alot of people hate Microsoft.

If you hate it then why do you support it buy using their software?

I know things arnt compatible, you should just go without compatible stuff, if u hate Microsoft.

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
I think you need to elaborate on your question.

Who are "Alot of people" and why do they "hate Microsoft"?

Who is the intended audience of this thread? What are you hoping to have happen here?

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

I know things arnt compatible, you should just go without compatible stuff, if u hate Microsoft.

Nice try, Mr. Gates. ;-)

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Nice try, Mr. Gates. ;-)

Nice jab :)

:)

Doctor Inferno

Doctor Inferno

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
I love microsoft.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I feel this is quite the controversial issue, really, because a lot of people that "hate Microsoft" are misinformed, and blame Windows because it won't talk to their new "cheap and dodgy" webcam, for example.

And yet, show them a version of linux and they'll say "What's wrong with it?" "How do I do this?" "Where's the Start menu gone?" :)

I had some visitors over once, and I had been playing with Ubuntu at the time. One of the visitors said to me, "What happened to your desktop? That must have taken a lot of customising!" He had me in stitches! :)

I really do like the quality of Microsoft keyboards and mice, they are top-notch to me. :)

Troy

Makaveli213

Makaveli213

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • MVP
Hello,

Personally i love them. Aside from being MVP and having family working there. It is the most widely used OS on the market and that was not a wasy task to accomplish. Considering that Apple and IBM started before them. Along with UNIX.

Personally anyone can customize it and make it do what they want. It doesnt take much. All in all Windows is the easiest to use. While i do no agree with Troy as i prefer Razer mice over microsoft there is the Habu which is the best of both worlds. But i have used a Razer for a couple years now and will not go back. But the keyborads are top notch. I still have my Natural Keyboard 4000 working like a champ after all my abuse of it.

Cheers,
Mak