Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer hngs on windows welcome

• Please log in to reply

nic777

nic777

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
allright on my dads laptop it has xp home SP1, and a valid key, but not the cd so we cant lose the os on it. Well it just hangs at the blue welcome screen when trying to boot, he said he tried to clone it so i started to think the drive letters changed, then we tried to boot from a usb hd and it said checking E so thats why i think its changed the letter, so i was wondering if yuo guys know how to chnage the boot/drive letter on a computer when it doesnt boot to that hd you want to change. :) Thanks

Advertisements

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Also, i have looked at many KB articles, every one is registry, ONCE YOU CAN BOOt.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You'll need to borrow a CD from somewhere because your issue, to fix it, requires performing a Windows Repair which you can only do from a CD.