Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Replicate policies manually

• Please log in to reply

fillcakes

fillcakes

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have 20 notebook computers identically setup on a domain network that is served by an NT4 server. The notebooks are running Xp Pro and I am unable to run the script for group policies, NT4 doesn't talk to XP Pro when it comes to exisiting policy setup on Server.

Now, I don't really want to setup the notebooks individually using gpedit.

Does anyone know of a way I can replicate the policy settings manually across all the notebooks?

Advertisements

fillcakes

fillcakes

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Does this mean that Mr Gates has not provided a simple procedure for replicating gp across standalones on a network?

You see, he knows that Xp doesn't talk to NT4 with regard to gpolicies

He knows also that this would force companies to upgrade to XP on their servers, so I suppose it is not in his interest to provide a solution for companies who don't want to go through the pain barrier of migrating to yet another operating system.

This is how Corporations make their money isn't it? By forcing the client into a corner and making him jump around like a monkey on a string.

Alas, it will all end in tears, quite soon.

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts

This is how Corporations make their money isn't it? By forcing the client into a corner and making him jump around like a monkey on a string.

You are exactly right. If there is a solution to your problem, I am unaware of it. Good luck.

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz: