Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to Import your MSN Favorites into Firefox

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Adamsappleone

Adamsappleone

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
How to Import your MSN Favorites into Firefox

Requirements: IE, Windows Live Toolbar, and Firefox

Open Internet Explorer. In the Windows Live Toolbar, click on "Favorites" (with the Star greyed out) and sign in (the Star is now yellow). Click on "Favorites" again and click on "Manage Favorites", this will open the Windows Live Favorites page. In the upper right side you will see the Options "Import", "Export", and "Help"...click on "Import" and a smaller window opens which has the option to Import your Favorites directly from MSN Explorer (if you have a lot of favorites like me it will take some time, be patient).

Once completed, download/install this add-on from Firefox: "PlainOldFavorites".

Restart Firefox and you'll now have a Favorites Button next to your Bookmarks Button containing all your MSN Favorites.

If you wish not to have the Favorites Button, instead of the download, open Firefox and click on "File" in the menu bar and click "Import".

Please NOTE: The PlainOldFavorites add-on is NOT compatible with the Beta or the RC1 versions of Firefox.

Edit: Added formatting and punctuation

Edited by wannabe1, 22 May 2008 - 12:03 PM.

Advertisements

allniter89

allniter89

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've followed the instructions twice, but I nver find the toolbar. Can anyone help me please?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there, and welcome. :)

Have you installed the Windows Live Toolbar? It's a requirement for following the tutorial. You can download it here.

If you have it installed, perhaps you need to select it to display. Select the follow menu choices:
  • View
  • Toolbars
Then choose the Windows Live Toolbar to select it.

If you are having any further problems, create yourself a new thread here.

Cheers

Troy