Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing Windows XP on a RAID 1 configuration

• Please log in to reply

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
I just built a computer for a customer (Nice system, Intel Q9450 Quad CPU, Asus P5K Deluxe mobo, 8 GB RAM,) and he wants a RAID 1 configuration, but the Windows setup keeps crashing on me.

I followed the instructions in the manual on how to set up the RAID configuration, but when I boot to the CD to install Windows, it gives me a blue screen error saying "A problem has been detected on your computer and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer, etc."

Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524, 0x0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Anyone got any ideas?

Advertisements

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Should mention, it gives this error with both the regular Windows installation CD and the WinPE setup CD.

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Never mind, solved. One of the drives was bad.

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Heeeeelp!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I just put a new drive in and configured the RAID, but it's still giving me the same blue screen error! :) :) :)
I gotta get this finished today, so I really, really, really, really need some advice! :)