Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

laptop acting the fool

• Please log in to reply

shadydawg

shadydawg

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i have a dell inspiron 1501 lkaptop an i can't get on the internet with it......i am using a usb cord conneccted to my motorola cablem modem for tthe net...but it seems as if when i plug the usb into the laptop the pc activity stay solid it dosen't keeps blinking like hgow it usually does...i tried pluging the cable into different ports an nothing happens..i installed the usb driver for the modem already...am wondering if all my ports in my laptop is finish..and is there a way that i can connect the ethernet cable to my laptop to go on the internet..i try using the ethernet cable but nothing happens i mean the pc activity does be blinking but i cannot get onn the internet...is there any way that i can resolve my little pronblem i have :)

Advertisements

Old Geezer

Old Geezer

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
I would suggest that you try to put forth your problem more clearly since I for one don't really understand the problem or how to respond. Maybe I am wrong since I am far from an expert . If I am please forgive me

shadydawg

shadydawg

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I would suggest that you try to put forth your problem more clearly since I for one don't really understand the problem or how to respond. Maybe I am wrong since I am far from an expert . If I am please forgive me

ok...the problem am having is that i cannot get on the internet when i hook up the usb cord from the cable modem...it use to work but now nothing is happening an as i said b4 i installed the modem driver....an i was wondering what would i have to do so that i can use the ethernet cable instead of the usb cord