Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox bookmarks

• Please log in to reply

NAVYVET

NAVYVET

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I ran this little "Speed up Firefox" line I found on GTG ( "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -P ) and it works amazingly!! BUT how do I transfer my bookmarks from the other user profile?

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
The way I would do it is to open Organize Bookmarks from the Bookmarks menu, export that User's bookmarks to the Desktop, change user, repeat steps except use Import function for bookmarks from the Desktop. I periodically save all bookmarks by month to a My Bookmarks folder. Example of file name: ff_bookmarks_MAY08.html. I add "ff" and "ie" for each browser.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 22 May 2008 - 04:18 PM.

NAVYVET

NAVYVET

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I was trying to figure out how to get back to the default user account. That is until I had a V8 moment and figured I needed to switch user profiles. Works fine last long time. Thanks.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You're welcome. Hope my words "change user" triggered the V8 moment for you. :)

Ron

Navy Vet 2

NAVYVET

NAVYVET

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I'm not sure what it is. Could be age?