Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE7 browser and favorites

• Please log in to reply

O Town

O Town

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hello there. I have XP media and I am having issues with my IE7 browser and favorites. If I type an address in the address bar and hit go or enter sometimes it will go and other times it won't, and sometimes if it won't go it I type in http:// instead of www. and it will go don't know if thats coincidental or not, but also doesn't always work. Also my favorite list is wacky, sometimes when I hit the yellow star the bar will open up but will be empty, if I hit the favorite text up the the address bar it works more frequently than the yellow star but also is weird because sometimes it will have the icons by the web site links and sometimes not. Also sometime if the list shows up my folders won't expand. So its all over the place in its symptoms its basically just whacked out. :)

FireFox is working fine but I prefer IE. Also I have logged in as other users and they also are having the IE issue.
I already have been to the Malware forum and went through the whole list of things to do to, Panda was being a pain and wouldn't let me clean but I saved the log. I also haven't installed SP3 because I thought that was what the issue at first because my symptoms starting happening after I installed it so I restored my computer back to a time before the installation hoping to solve this issue. Then read a bit about SP3 and figured it could wait. Everything else is up to date. Seems like right after I uninstalled Norton and updated my computer about 1 week ago is when the problems began.

Hope this wasn't too confusing, lol. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

Advertisements