Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network Cable Unplugged

• Please log in to reply

Viktor77

Viktor77

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, so ever since I got my new router (Linksys WRT150N) one of my computers has been having serious connectivity problems. It would give me the message, Limited or No Connectivity (but would reads 100mbps) (but would not renew the IP), and eventually it would reconnect (the internet was never the problem). Today I turned on the computer and it didn't light up the Ethernet cable and said Network Cable Unplugged. I bought a new Wireless LAN card and installed it, CD and all, successfully, it works. I plugged in four different working Ethernet cords, each lit up the NIC. I know the internet is working (I'm using this computer on the network as well), and I know the computer is receiving internet, but it still says Network Cable Unplugged. I've run tests from ipconfig \renew to cmd /k netsh diag gui and they bring up no results. My computer WILL NOT recognise the internet it is receiving. Can you please help me?

Edited by Viktor77, 22 May 2008 - 05:37 PM.

Advertisements

cmpm

cmpm

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
That could be your on board rj45 jack for the net.

If it doesn't have a cable connected to it with the net it will show 'unplugged'.

If that is what it is, you can right click the icon and disable it.

In your 'Network Connections' folder you will see how many connections you have.

Keep the wireless active if that is what you are using.