Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wish you still had that old car?

• Please log in to reply

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Well, you can always get the new one...

Posted Image

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
*troy thinks the old one looks much better...

keithr128

keithr128

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
Well, if it's first cars we're talking about then here's mine.
1986 Pontiac Grand Prix
This isn't my exact car, mine was a rusty brown color which was nice because it made all the real rust blend in :) I had it for almost two years when I seized the engine after doing my first oil change without my fathers help and I forgot to make sure I had removed the gasket from the old filter :) and that's when I got the Camaro.

First_Car.jpg

Phenix

Phenix

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
My First car - 1986 Grand AM
Posted Image

My Second car - 1999 Honda Civic Si
Posted Image

My Current car - 2002 Mercedes C240
Posted Image

Edited by Phenix, 11 June 2008 - 03:53 PM.

#1MIfan

#1MIfan

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
I had a navy blue 1985 Olds Cutlass Supreme. That bad boy had a 350 rocket with a turbo 400 tranny, and a buddy of mine ran straight pipes right off the engine block for me, so not only was it fast but LOUD. The motor ended up seizing up, and while I was trying to save up for another motor, the city had it towed from my moms driveway because it did not have a plate on it. My old man had white 1978 Monte Carlo that looked like the one Denzel Washington had in Training Day. That car was beautiful! It was one of a kind because it had leather bucket seats, the gear shifter was on the floor instead of on the steering column, a landau top, and came from the factory with the 350 motor. He ended up getting an '86 Firebird and giving the Monte to his sister. She ended up totaling it in a car accident :) I already told my wife that when we have become empty nesters, I'm going to get a '78 Monte like my dad's customize it to be an exact replica of the one in Training Day.

zed1

zed1

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
I've had alot of nice old cars over the course of time but the only one I wish I had back was a 1963 Chevy Impala SS convertible,red on red with a white top. Saw a blue one a while back and it just about made me cry....oh well.So lessons learned I quess I'll keep my 86 Vette till I'm too old,decrepted and fat to crawl in the thing.

Edited by zed1, 19 June 2008 - 10:37 PM.

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
... And it's a bump, to let you know the new Camaro - the new old car, is being revealed today, and the good news is that GM are going to do a webcast of the event!

Camaro Reveal Webcast

Excited to see the new Camaro? Watch LIVE as the production version is revealed to the public and press.

2008-July-21
4:00 p.m. EDT

Also,

Live Chats

Meet the designers and engineers responsible for getting the Camaro on the road.

John Fitzpatrick, Camaro Marketing Manager
2008-July-22
9:30 - 10:00 a.m. EDT

Michael Simcoe, Executive Director of Exterior Design
Jeff Perkins, Director of Interior Design, Chevy Camaro
2008-July-22
10:00 - 10:30 a.m. EDT

Doug Houlihan, Global Vehicle Chief Engineer
2008-July-22
10:30 - 11:00 a.m. EDT

All found here

bustermoves

bustermoves

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
24 years later i still have my 66 el camino.as they say a work in progress.some day it will be done

Bokononist

Bokononist

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Posted Image

First car was a 1962 Hillman Super Minx ( name is a misnomer )

1592 cc, 4 cyc. - 4 speed, 4 doors and thats about all there was to it. No seatbelts, as warp speed was not an option that year.

Was living in Hawaii, so no need for any more power than that.

Had it all the way through High School, and with a surf rack on top, Iron Butterfly blasting from the 8 track, was one sexy beast !

Most of my friends had VW bugs, but everyone knew the H-man by it's sound.

Yea, you will always remember your first... flood of memories, thanks !