Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need a new GPU

• Please log in to reply

Eareshel

Eareshel

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Could somebody please help me find out the if these two cards use about the same amount of power? I have a 375W PSU, which I will replace eventually. But I need a new card NOW. here it goes.
The one I use right now is the Nvidia GeForce 7300LE. I want the Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT. Can I use it without getting a new PSU?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Depending on which variation of the 8600GT you buy, some of them require their own power connector and adaptors, and not all the cards come with the adaptor you need. But realistically 375w in this day and age even for a 7300LE is a shade over the recommended minimum for the card alone, never mind anything else you've got plugged into the system.