Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

recovery of cd

• Please log in to reply

logtail

logtail

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok this is a desperate cry for help. I am a writer and I have recently been transcribing my book (for the past two months) on to my computer with vista 32 basic. Then my computer got a virus. I backed up my pictures and MY BOOK on to a cdr and then reloaded the os. Now I can not see the folder that my book is in, although it shows the cdr being half full. I have been PAINSTAKINGLY working on this thing, and now it seems to be just out of my reach- HELP!!

Advertisements

ipods619

ipods619

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Hello Logtail! Welcome to the GeekToGo Forum Boards!

Well, let's see what we can do here. If you say that the disk is showing up as filled but there is no apparent data, there could possibly be an error reading the disk.

Therefore, please try removing the disk and placing it into the CD drive of a different computer and then:
1) Go to My Computer
2) Double-Click on the CD Drive
3) Attempt to locate files.

If you still cannot locate the files, there could possibly be a further issue. However, let's try this first.