Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Create Business Entities from MySQL tables in Visual Studio 2005

• Please log in to reply

Diego8

Diego8

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
I'm developing a new Project in VS2005, using c#, which has to connect to a MySQL DB with almost 40 tables.
Now i'm facing the task of creating the business entities. In my case i have an entity for every table in the DB (a field in a table maps to an attribute in an entity).
I was wondering if there's a way in VS 2005 to generate those entities automatically. Having that kind of tool would be great.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Edited by Diego8, 23 May 2008 - 01:05 PM.

Advertisements

Diego8

Diego8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Finally, the sky shone on me. I came across with this great tool called D4Modelizer which does exactly what i was looking for. It maps database tables (from various db engines) to classes in C#, thus creating a VS project with all those classes including getters/setters and default and common constructor.
This saved me a couple hours of coding.. :)

Edited by Diego8, 26 May 2008 - 08:58 PM.