Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random resets

• Please log in to reply

Canus

Canus

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
well for the last few months i have contemplated writing on the forum because of this problem but now its just becoming too much, all the random resets are hurting my soul.

my computer which ive had for about 3-4 years now, just shuts down for no reason, though im thinkin there might be a problem with the memory because almost always when im extracting something via winzip or rar, it shuts down. It also does it when watching movies or randomly surfing the internet so i really dont know what could be causing the problem. I have tried to reformat and see if thats the problem but nope, Still the same old thing, Can anyone help me

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

When was the last time you opened the case and cleaned the fans, heatsink, etc?

Murray

Canus

Canus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
i thought that might be the problem and i did it roughly 8 days ago? tho the problem has been going on for a lot longer than that

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Do a web search for memtest86+. Run that and check your ram.

Murray