Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Start Up Issue on my new Build

• Please log in to reply

PlayerPiano

PlayerPiano

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've been looking all around and no one seems to cover the issue I'm having with my new build. This is my third build that I've done and I am most definitely sure that I have everything in correctly, triple checked everything after this issue happened and I've narrowed it down to two possibilities and I'd like some feed back to see if I may be on the right track. OK system is together and ready to go, I power on the power supply, get a solid green on my board, push the power button on the front of the case system turns on for a split second and turns off immediately, no beeps, screen doesn't turn on.. nothing. My first thought was bad power supply because that was the one package I received that had damage to the products box. So I go through the motions and jump it to check if it actually works, it does. My next thought is I'm grounding the board somewhere unintentionally or my board has a short on it somewhere and I need to replace it cause this is tripping the emergency shutdown on the supply, I'm fairly sure its the emergency shutdown because I have to turn the power supply off then on again before I can try to boot the PC again. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated I'm sitting on a nice new system that I'm dying to use and all I can do is stare at it and be depressed (refuse to go to best buy and have them check my work >_< ).

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Have you actually tried a new power supply on the computer as opposed to jump starting the current one? Just because you can jump start it doesn't mean anything, if the unit can't provide enough current to start the system up, then its effectively useless.