Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Motherboard question..

• Please log in to reply

Dayvd

Dayvd

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any experience using an ASUS A8M2N-LA NodusM3-GL8E motherboard. I'm in need of upgrading my graphics card, and was wondering if this motherboard can fit the GeForce 8800 GT. I don't want to order the card, get ready to install it and only find out that it's to big for my system.

Another reason I'm asking is because it isn't a custom system, it's one of HP cases that I'm using, and space is kind of limited in a way. Right now I have a Radeon x1900 GT in there, and I was under the impression that my newer card is roughly the same size, maybe a little bigger. It seems like, I might have an extra inch to go left and right without having to move to much stuff around and not having the card tough my ram.

Also another thing I have been noticing is heat problems. Could someone recommend a type of fan for my to install?

Thanks for your time,

David.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there,

The 8800GT cards run quite hot, so I would recommend really looking at fixing up this heating problem before attempting to further poke the furnace...

If your HP case is tight for space and doesn't give much airflow, then I suggest looking at purchasing a new case and transferring your components over.

Here is a link to your motherboard.

Here
is a link to another forum where there is discussion on the same kind of question you are asking. I suggest you read through this, as it may prove very helpful for you.

And you need to consider your PSU, also. Is your current PSU able to support the 8800GT? It's a very power-hungry card... I have a 650-Watt Antec PSU for my system!

Cheers

Troy