Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSoD error prevents Windows load

• Please log in to reply

tylerc

tylerc

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I recently had some serious malware issues (now resolved thanks to this forum). But the malware issues were paired with a hardware error that started happening. I now get the 'DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' error whenever I try to boot up. I am able to start in safe mode, which is where all of my malware repair was done. But when I try to boot into normal mode, I get to the Windows login screen and after about 5 seconds I get the BSoD error.

I had gotten the error once or twice previous to the malware issues, but was always able to boot up again afterwards. The most recent hardware installation on my machine was a MIDI keyboard, so my guess is that's the problem. I just have no idea how to go about rolling back/updating the drivers in safe mode.

Can anyone walk me through the process? Or am I better off just backing up all my data and reformatting??

Edited by tylerc, 24 May 2008 - 01:48 PM.

Advertisements