Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MLB.tv Crashed Wireless network

• Please log in to reply

baseballstar9

baseballstar9

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hello,

I am a subscriber to MLB.com's MLB.tv service. For those unfamiliar with this service, you download a program called Mosaic which allows you to watch every major league baseball game live on your computer. You can watch single game feeds or up to six games on one screen at a time. I run a wireless network with a D-Link DIR-655 router and I have windows XP. My internet connection is strong when I'm not running MLB.tv. However, when I run MLB.tv my network disconnects itself and kicks me offline at random times while I'm trying to watch the games. Sometimes I can watch for hours an hours before getting the disconnect and other times I'll get the disconnect three or four times in five minutes. When the network crashes, it only goes down for a matter of seconds before I'm able to reconnect and go back online.

I tried opening the necessary ports needed to run mosaic and I recently downloaded Microsoft Service pack 3. Neither seemed to offer any solution. I've tried contacting mlb.com for tech support but they haven't been particularly helpful.

Is there anything I can try that may fix this problem?

Thanks very much for the help.

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
If your network setup allows it use a wire for a while.
Wires allow more data to pass through and wireless sometimes causes trouble.
Does the complete network go down, or only the internet??
If it's only the internet maybe calling your ISP and asking them about it might be a bit of help.
If the complete network goes down, it might be the network not liking the ammount of data going through.
What router exactly are you using?

Regards,
Olrik

baseballstar9

baseballstar9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
It's just the network that goes down. As soon as it reconnects, the internet works fine.

I have a D-Link DIR 655 router.

I've been using windows to manage my wireless but I just switched it back over to the Intel Proset/Wireless. I'm hoping this will correct my problem.