Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE6 doesn't work?

• Please log in to reply

sdsunak

sdsunak

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
The computer has IE6 and Firefox. Firefox works no problem, but we are unable to download windows updates. In IE6 the homepage opens to google, but if I try to enter an address in the address bar it opens in Firefox instead. I removed firefox and tried to use IE6 and when I put an address in the address bar all I got was an error that said application not found, but it didn't give an error code just a box that said application not found. After I removed firefox I attemepted to use google and it worked for searches. Any links I clicked from the searches worked also but I couldn't download anything. I searched firefox so i could reinstall it. I clicked the link and went to the firefox web page, but when i clicked the download link it gave the error application not found. Another explorer window would open but it would be empty and the web page that I clicked to download acted as if I had successfully downloaded the program. I have tried a few different things but have not been able to figure this problem out. Can you please help me.

SDSUNAK

Edited by sdsunak, 24 May 2008 - 09:19 PM.

Advertisements

sdsunak

sdsunak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I used a newer version of XP and ran an upgrade install on the computer and that fixed the problems. I never did find out exactly what the problem was, but hey its fixed. Thank anyways!!