Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Will this work?

• Please log in to reply

jst42day

jst42day

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
I've got a GA-EP35-DS3R, an Intel Core2 Duo E4600 that are going into an Antec Three Hundred case.
My cpu cooler is a CM Hyper TX2.
Can I turn the TX2 so that the heated air is going towards the top of the case, where there is a 140mm fan, without having to make any modifications?
Thanks.
jst42day

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there,

I just had a look at the Cooler Master webpage as I have no experience with this heatsink.

It looks like the unit is designed to install in the standard Intel heatsink holes, so my guess is you could face it that way if you so choose.

I would personally have it facing backwards to have your hot air exit out the back fan instead of the top one, but it doesn't really matter.

As long as it's facing one of the fans, it will be setup good.

Cheers

Troy

jst42day

jst42day

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
Troy,
Thanks for the advice.
jst42day