Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 explorer.exe files in task manager

• Please log in to reply

xryanx

xryanx

• Pip
  • 1 posts
when starting up my computer there is no desktop or start menu. i get up the task manager and it says that there is a explorer.exe running but no backgrounds or start menu is shown. i then click run and type explorer.exe. Start menu appears but there are now 2 explorer.exe running. they also both belong to windows corparation. The first explorer.exe has about 7 threads well the second explorer.exe has 27 threads. i think the second one might be the real one as it appears when i type in explorer.exe in run.
Could one of them be spyware and how can i sort it out. i have already used ad-aware,norton and it hasnt sorted it. also when turning of the computer and coming back on the start menu has disappeared again
please help.

Edited by xryanx, 25 May 2008 - 02:27 PM.

Advertisements