Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Memory could not be written

• Please log in to reply

fluteytunes

fluteytunes

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi everyone

I'm having a trouble whenever I open 'My Computer' and getting this message all the time - "The instruction at "0x7c918fea" referenced memory at "0x00000010". The memory could not be 'written'".

The system is Windows Xp Professional Version 2002 and my laptop is Pentium M 1.7GHz and 512 MB of RAM.

Could someone please help me with this problem???

Many thanks in advance

Alisha

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Welcome to the forum!

It may be triggered by two startup items "not liking each other" (conflicting), and is often related to a third-party firewall conflicting with an antivirus application. If you have a third-party firewall installed, together with a separate antivirus application from a different developer, you might want to try uninstalling one of them as a means of discovering if that possibility is indeed the cause of your problem.

It doesn't matter which one of them you uninstall since the purpose of the excercise is simply to stop one interfering with the other to see if it makes any difference, but if you decide to remove the firewall don't forget to re-enable the built-in Windows Firewall before you go online.

fluteytunes

fluteytunes

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, thanks for your quick reply

My laptop has completely broken down and I re-configured it yesterday, so it's working okay now. But it's still relatively slow sometimes (I mean when I gradually add programs into this laptop, the system gets incredibly slow). Any reason or solutions for that?

regards

Alisha