Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Good AVI to mP4 conveter

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

hoopsman

hoopsman

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
i am looking for a good, easy to use, high quality avi to mp4 converter for windows or ubuntu. does anybody know a good one that i could use???

Advertisements

Thunderbird1988

Thunderbird1988

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
Hello hoopsman,

Have you already tried Mediacoder? This is a free program to convert audio and video. I am not really sure, about the quality of the output of Mediacoder as I don't know to tell when the quality of video or audio is good or not. But you can give it a try. :)

Thunderbird1988

Edited by Thunderbird1988, 02 June 2008 - 11:52 PM.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
Give Median-Convert a try, its free and online so you dont have to download anything

SpuD

hoopsman

hoopsman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
thats great and all, but it can ONLY CONVERT UP TO 150 MB. so that doesnt help me at all, since i have a 700 mb movie file, but thanks for the help anyway. when i get my windows system more stable i will try mediacoder.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
Also i forgot to add use Videora

Great program i use all the time, its meant for converting files for ipods, but if thats not what your useing it for it will still work, also gives great quality videos

SpuD

hoopsman

hoopsman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Mediacoder worked fantastically and when viewed on my psp looks absolutely fantastic! thanks for all the help everybody it looks like i will be watching movies on my psp again!

Thunderbird1988

Thunderbird1988

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
You are welcome :)

Jujuju

Jujuju

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
TuneCab Ultra is good one for Windows

hoopsman

hoopsman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
ya except the thing is that you have to pay for tunecab ultra, so im fine with mediacoder for the moment.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
closing this thread to prevent the spammers from finding it. I think the suggestions provided should work for most people.