Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

USB detecting only U3 partition

• Please log in to reply

Eli From NY

Eli From NY

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I have recently updated to SP3 and now my USB is only detecting the U3 partition on my Kingston DataTraveler 2 GB Memory stick, it worked fine before...

I have a second copy of Win XP SP3 on the same system and that copy is detecting both the U3 partition and the actual memory partition....so it does not appear to be a hardware problam.
If I pop the memory stick in and out I'll get the BSOD....

Another problem I have that might be related to this issue. Last week I had to uninstall NOD32 after my system would freeze after log-in and loading NOD32. I uninstalled it....and some how suspect that these two issues are related....

My NVIDIA FX5200 died on me last week, the screen started flickering on and off, until I uninstalled the NVIDIA drivers. I have since ordred a new card and I am currently using the dead card with the windows VGAsave driver.

Rolling back to SP2 in not an option, because I upgraded from XP home SP2 to XP Pro SP3.

Eli

Advertisements