Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows cannot acces the specified device, path or file.

• Please log in to reply

FallenAngel23

FallenAngel23

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hiya i keep this error message when opening these exe prgrams i have downloaded off the internet. Other people i know can run these files but my computer comes up with this error. I am admin and as far as i know i have full privvalges. I have AVG 7.5 installed but i dont think its that, thats stops me opening them .. But it has detected that there could be virues in the files even though i know thier isnt ... OS- windows xp home edition .. thanks :)

Advertisements

ipods619

ipods619

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Hey FallenAngel23,

Welcome to the GeeksToGo Forum Boards!

I think we should rule out one possibility first. You may not have complete access to administrator privileges. To determine whether or not this is true, please follow my instructions below:

Go to:
Start>Control Panel>User Accounts>Change and Account

From there, find your username and make sure that it says, "Computer Administrator".

If it doesn't, there's our problem. You could also be restricted to particular files by a higher administrator (if applicable), in which they are able to directly edit the types of programs that can be executed, viewed, etc...

Let me know what happens!