Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

cd player

• Please log in to reply

aldog

aldog

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi I will try to make a long story shorter my brand new gateway desktop totaly crashed and burned I am waiting for a reinstall disk from gateway to get that going. So I went back to useing my old dell. Heres my problem for some reason the cd player burner no longer works, in fact it no longer shows up on my computer as even existing! same for my floppy disk. when you put a disk in the drive mostly nothing happens but sometimes it will say the driver is corrupted or missing. the part no. is LG CD-RW CED-8080B, When I googled this turns out there are massive amounts of people haveing the same problem. Now I downloaded the driver for this but the problem is they don't come with installers. I tryed just droping it in system 32/drivers but as I thought that din't work either. Now this is kind of weird if I put the windows xp upgrade disk in the drive and restart it will run it weird huh? now I tryed to to the automatic repair thing but before that will run it demands to know the administator password. HUH? I'm the administrarer I tryed my password over and over no good. What is it asking for can someone tellme? maybe I can fix the problem if I could get beyound this Pleasee Help if you can. Aldog

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello aldog...

I'm not sure what's going on with the floppy drive, but the optical drive problem sounds like there have been filters set on the drive.

Click Start, then Run, type regedit and click "Ok"

In the left pane, expand (click +) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SYSTEM, then CurrentControlSet, then Control, then Class, and click on {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

In the right pane, are UpperFilters and/or LowerFilters listed?

wannabe1

aldog

aldog

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ya well I didled it till somehow messed up my modem too, the repair thing would'nt work so I did the new install everthing is fine now lucky I have the drivers for my graffics and sound. thanks anyway love aldog