Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

msnappau.exe & ypager.exe

• Please log in to reply

zunammi

zunammi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have XP but i cant get on to the internet even though i get connection. the following error message appears once my laptop boots up:
[B]msnappau.exe - application error. the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on ok to terminate the application.
the same message appears for ypager.exe
i have since deleted both yahoo messenger and msn messegener the error messages dont come up any more but i still cant get on the net, when i try to open explorer th page is just pretty much blank, no searching for the web page or anything

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
download winsock xp fix from the following site on a different machine and run it on the affected machine....

http://www.snapfiles...nsockxpfix.html

if that does not work, please post again