Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Unwanted restarts

• Please log in to reply

jcmcnelly

jcmcnelly

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Being new to geekstogo I am not sure how to start but here is my problem. I have read the prerequisites and can't figure out what to follow and here is why. Everytime the file C:\windows\help\tours\ is accessed it causes my system to reboot. This is windows XP and is kept up dated. Now the reboot will occur anytime a scan of the system occurs. This includes doing a search, using ad-aware, spybot, AVG antivirus or the online virus scanners such as Kapersky or Trends house calls. The complete path that the restart occurs is C:\help\tours\htmltour\nav_start_here_down.gif. Simply going to explore and trying to open the Tours folder will also cause a restart.

I really don't know if this is spyware, a virus or what. Any help would be great...Thanks

Advertisements