Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Duel boot Vista-64 and Vista-32 or XP

• Please log in to reply

Jdpowell

Jdpowell

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
I have a new computer with Vista-64 and have a few programs that won't work yet with 64. The computer came with two 500 gb hard drives. C: already boots to 64 and now I was wondering if I could make the other hard drive boot to something else. Do I need to reformat that hard drive (Let's call it E:)? Should I just put Windows XP on it or can I put Vista-32 on it? When my machine starts how do I tell it which OS to load? Do I have to put the same programs, that I have on C:, on E: also? Like Office XP and Norton Internet Security.

Thanks,

Advertisements

reconman

reconman

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
I'm no dual boot expert but you don't need to reformat your drive(s) in order to put another OS on one of them. You just need to create another partition on which ever drive(s) you want to put the OS on. Just wait for some one who knows what they're doing to reply before you do anything.

Jdpowell

Jdpowell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Any chance somebody else can help me with this?