Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Tutorial for REMOVING ADZGALORE (successfully)?

• Please log in to reply

gazelderl

gazelderl

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've read through the posts for some folks who have been "infected" by the Adzgalore (may there be a special ring in [bleep] for the Adzgalore folks).

Typically the threads run on and on as the "geeks" try various and sundry things and get long posting of HJT and DSS listings. Many times the "geeks" either get a bit short or the folks with the problem get frustrated and go away. I'm not sure anyone has really been fixed for good! (Maybe their problem is fixed or Adzgalore killed them, who knows.)

I'd like to see some good tutorials on how to actually hunt down and kills adzgalore rather than "try this and let me know if it works" or my favorite, "This is ONLY for the person who sent me the problem." Come on geeks it's nice to have the power but are your egos that fragile or perhaps you are afraid folks will learn how to do something. Some of us want to get EDUCATED and not be monkeys who blindly type commands and download executables.

A TUTORIAL on how to hunt down Adzgalore and how to kill it. You know little things like what to really look for, what the program is doing or might be doing, what programs actually find it and how to really get rid of it. Peace in the mid-east might not be possible but I'd think that getting rid of adzgalore might be a bit easier.

Heck, a list of all of the products which have been suggested in one location would be a start! Instead we have multiple threads with various and sundry "suggestions". Has anyone actually looked at some of these threads? If we ran the space program this way we'd still be trying to decide whether to use skids or wheels on the Wright Brothers' airplane. (Bonus points to the geek who knows which the Wrights used!)

I have adzgalore and am almost at the point of just cursing it every time I see it rather than read another "personalized" suggestion that never seems to work!

If this is the wrong place to post this frustration, sorry, its where I ended up trying to suffer my way through the maze after 1 AM. To think I used to write 6502 assembly code .

Edited by gazelderl, 27 May 2008 - 11:28 PM.

Advertisements

RatHat

RatHat

Ex Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 7,829 posts
I agree with Sari.

gazederl, if you would like to post a DSS log in the Malware Forum, and PM me with the link, I will take the log and help you clean your machine. I have looked at Adzgalore, and seen the other junk it downloads. In itself it will be easy to clean, however if you have additional malware in your computer it may take a bit more to clear.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
gazelderl your topic has prompted me to write a blog post. Hopefully, it further answers your concerns.