Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Folder Options - Windows Only Shows Icons In Explorer

• Please log in to reply

Cap

Cap

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Got to messing with the 'puter and finally got the [bleep] thing to start faster and got shut down time from almost 80 sec down to 22 sec.

But, in my tinkering with the registry and policy editor, I did an "oops" and have no idea what or where.

When I use windows explorer (I use 100% of the classic Win95/98 screen and explorer settings) and click on a folder, everything in the right pane is icons.

I click on VIEW, and select "Details". The details now list out.

I click on TOOLS, select the "View" tab, click on "Apply To All Folders", but it does not apply it to any other folders.

So, I clicked on TOOLS, select "View" tab, select "Reset All Folders", and then "Apply To All Folders" , yet still nothing.

Every window's explorer right side pane shows icons.

Something tells me this is really an itty bitty oversight correction, something very simple right in front of me, but damned if I can find it.

Any assistance at all would be gratefully appreciated. Next step will be to reload a month old clone and start again. (oh, I disabled restore points years ago so that is not an option. Sigh.)

Advertisements

Cap

Cap

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Quick Update: The problem still exists however in doing an in-depth search here, I found a post by Ztruker that had a link to a freebee program called ExplorerXP . What a great substitute for the standard XP explorer window navigation.

While it would be nice to solve this self-inflicted wound, the ExplorerXP program recommended by Ztruker is the boobies.

[Link to above mentioned post: http://www.geekstogo...s...t&p=1154559 ]