Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer running slow

• Please log in to reply

cohen 05

cohen 05

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
i can open a few programs and cpu usage jumps to 100%.. turn them off it goes back to low lvls.. i checked prosses running and there is 50 with me not running anything .. is there processes running that shouldnt be or is my problem somewhere else
can you help plz

Advertisements

Phillios

Phillios

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Somebody will be able to give you better info than me but while you wait just answer this Question.

What type of Firewall/Virus Scanner do you have???

cohen 05

cohen 05

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
norton

ShortGirl2

ShortGirl2

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hey! You should look for a program called Process Scanner. It's free & it scans your machine for all of the processes that are running. They have a huge online database that you can look at, to see what they are. That should at least help you figure out if what's running that's ok, and what might be bad! Hope that helps! :)

cohen 05

cohen 05

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
k thanks for the info

ShortGirl2

ShortGirl2

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
NP! Hope that helps ya! :)