Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Remote Desktop Outside Network Access Help

• Please log in to reply

Serpico

Serpico

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I have been having trouble with connecting to my laptop from outside of my network. I am currently able to acess my laptops files via an apache server, and I can also use the remote desktop connection feature locally, but whenever I try to access the remote desktop from outside of my network, it can't seem to find the port/page. With the apache server, I had to change the default port from 80 to xxxx, because my isp provider (bell sympatico) apparently blocked that port or filtered it in someway. Now, I think that the same thing may be happeneing with the remote desktop, but when I changed that default port from 3389 to xxxx it didn't have an affect. My question is, are there any other ports that I would have to open/change (I also opened 20-22 and 443), or is there something that I may have failed to setup for remote desktop to work correctly. Currently, remote desktop does work locally, but that isn't all that useful lol. Anyways, any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated, as I would really like to get this working. Thanks In Advance

Serpico :)

Advertisements