Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Enter RAID Utility" isn't needed when booting up

• Please log in to reply

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
I have a floppy drive so I placed the file on it. After it downloaded to the floppy, nothing happened.

Also, I have yellow question marks in Device Manager for several Maxtor One Touch II ext hdds. I used the installation disk, which basically just installed Retrospect, and it still shows that there is no driver for them, but they work fine.

Edited by Denisejm, 03 June 2008 - 10:38 AM.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
when you disconnect the external drives and boot, do you get the same problem?

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
I haven't checked but it's been that way since I changed from a 32-bit os to x64.

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
I downloaded the "Make VIA RAID Driver Disk V5.01beta for Windows 2000XPXP 64bit" file and saved it to a folder on my C drive. I opened it. The only other option besides "Make Disk" is "ASUS Setup." I'm processing some files right now so I'll try it tomorrow morning.