Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Cannot get videos to play on computer

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello, all of the sudden I cant play videos on my computer, I have tried WMP and winamp, and some other freeware, none of it will work, all I get is audio. Does anyone have any idea how this could happen, and how to fix it?
All help is appreciated
Thank You

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,585 posts
first, have you tried vlc from videolan.org? If not, then I suggest that you try it. If you have and still have the issue, then you should look at updating your video driver.

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
Try VLC but if that dosent work then try

K-Lite Codec Pack

The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
- It it always up-to-date with the latest versions of the codecs.
- It is very user-friendly and the installation is fully customizable, meaning that you can install only those components that you really want.
- It has been very well tested, so that the package doesn't contain any conflicting codecs.
- It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies.

There are three versions of the K-Lite Codec Pack: Basic, Standard and Full.
• K-Lite Codec Pack Basic contains only the most essential things. It contains everything you need to be able to play the most popular and widespread formats. It is small enough to fit on a single floppy. Also great for including on your movie CDs.
• K-Lite Codec Pack Standard contains everything you need to play all the commonly used formats. This package should be enough for the average user.
• K-Lite Codec Pack Full contains even more codecs. It also has encoding support for the various formats. This package is for power users and people who do their own encodings.

Features of K-Lite Codec Pack 3.9.0 FULL version :

Had the same problem as you and someone on this site recomended it to me, works a treat!