Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help: best antivirus? anti-spyware/malware?

• Please log in to reply

VGC

VGC

• Pip
  • 1 posts
What is the best antivirus program? I've done a little research and BitDefender seems to be a top recommendation consistently. Should I be running a second program concurrently for anti-malware, spyware, etc.? If so, what's a good combination?

I'm running Windows XP Pro.

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!!!

Advertisements

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Rule of thumb: the best one is the one that you know how to configure.

You can install all the programs in the world and if you dont know how to set them, they are worthless.

Any of the VB100 award winning av's can be trusted to pick up the most common malwares.
Other things that may weigh in when you are making your choice are speed, heuristics and updates.

For some tips about (free) added protection, have a look at http://metallica.geekstogo.com/