Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Winamp File Ratings after Installing v5.531

• Please log in to reply

FUState

FUState

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
Hi There
I back up my ml folder (everything in it) and today I uninstalled the old winamp (kept crashing) and reinstalled the latest.
When I went to post the ml folder in /plugins, I noticed that there was not a folder like that in there. Kind of surprising, but I posted it in there anyway. It did not help.
Does anyone know what's going on there? Did winamp change something or where do I put the ml folder, or which files do I need to copy to where?
Please advice...

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
do you mean the ml ipod plugin? all versions of winamp since 5.2 natively support ipod and most all music players.

FUState

FUState

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
No.

ml is the folder that stores file ratings.

Winamp now uses the multi-user setup with settings in %appdata%\Winamp which was something I was unaware of. I deleted paths.ini and put the ml folder back in the original spot, (plugins folder) it worked!

:)