Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Lsass.exe error, computer restarts!

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
so i have been on this page already,
and in my previous thread, i was asking for help with some malware.
but somethings led to another, and so i was grounded and had my network card taken away!
so ive been using my laptop for educational purposes, and i knew i still had malware, but i thought it wouldnt hurt my computer because i wanst using the internet.

but a week ago, i tried to shut off my laptop, but it wouldnt, so i did it manually. the next day when i tried to turn the computer on,
it loaded, but only to find out that right after the windows loading screen, a message pops up saying that i have a lsass.exe problem

i dont really know what to do because i cant get to my folders or my programs, it just keeps restarting after i press "ok" or "x" on the message.

should i just reinstall windows xp? i dont have many programs installed,

Please Help!

(i have an old ibm thinkpad)

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You need to get to the malware forum to get rid of your malware first.

Once clean you can decide if your computer is running well enough to leave it alone, or decide to reinstall windows again.