Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot repair network connection (ERROR)

• Please log in to reply

fawoodward

fawoodward

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Yeah I was going to suggest installing the CD, but you don't show any devices needing drivers :/ can you upload that file please so we can take a look and see what's going on with your system?

Advertisements

troxio

troxio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Where do you want me to get the msinfo32 from? And what do you mean upload?

troxio

troxio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Ok, I have msinfo32 open, which settings and components do you need to see, I have Hardware resources, Components, Software Environment, Internet Settings.

fawoodward

fawoodward

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Hardware, components, and maybe software environment.

troxio

troxio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Do you have some messenger so we can discuss this faster? Thanks.

fawoodward

fawoodward

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
If you go to Add Reply, below the text box is Attachments where you can browse to the msinfo file you just saved and upload those.

I used to have MSN on here, I'll check to see if I still do lol.

troxio

troxio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
The problem is the text is huge, and I can't just type it all in here, since my other PC does not have Internet, and I can't burn it on a CD, since I don't have a burner on my reinstalled Windows.

Edited by troxio, 30 May 2008 - 05:26 PM.

fawoodward

fawoodward

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Hmm ok, that makes it a little trickier :)

You said your laptop is a Dell, correct? What model?

troxio

troxio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
No, I don't think you understood me correctly, my PC I am having problems with is DELL, system model Dell DXG051.

The computer I'm writing from is my laptop!

fawoodward

fawoodward

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
OK, then on your computer do you have an ethernet port for a wired cable? Or only the wireless card on the back?

Advertisements

troxio

troxio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
My PC is not wireless, why would it have a wireless card on it?

The only thing I have is a cable which goes directly to the modem.

fawoodward

fawoodward

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
OK, I guess from your first post when you said wireless from your laptop, I misunderstood that to mean the one you were having the problems with. Ok, so you have a desktop with a WIRED network connection and a cable from your computer's network card into the cable modem. This is where that msinfo file would have come in real handy lol.

Is the network card integrated or is it an add on card? Meaning, can you remove the card physically from your computer? Trying to determine if it's something we can try to enable or disable from your BIOS or if it can be completely removed and reinserted.

Edit to add:

When you look at your system in device manager, can you see if there's any reference to Nvidia? Trying to determine if you have an nvidia chipset.

Edited by fawoodward, 30 May 2008 - 06:16 PM.

troxio

troxio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Here is the system info from the msinfo file: Under copmonents --> Adapter, Protocol, WinSock

See attached files

Yes I have the wire that is plugged into the PC and going into the modem. I do not have a network card I can actually pull out, well I looked at the System Info but I did not see anything related to Nvidia...

Attached Files

fawoodward

fawoodward

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
OK go here http://support.us.de...p;fileid=133057
and download that driver for your SMBUS - that's probably what's preventing your network device from being detected. You'll probably have several new hardware items detected.

You may want to also download this for the networking driver: http://support.us.de...p;fileid=133057

Good luck

troxio

troxio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I'll try those drivers, but both links are the same! :)