Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SharePoint Services

• Please log in to reply

James Davidson

James Davidson

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,

The error i receive is detailed below. I have looked on the internet and it says that Office 2003 needs to be installed. This is the case and it is still no working, even though i have gone into tools from internet and enabled each option possible concerning Active X....

Error 'The list cannot be displayed in Datasheet view for one or more of the following reasons:

- A datasheet component compatible with windows sharepoint services is not installed.
- Your web browser does not support Active X Controls
- Support for Active X Controls is disabled

Again, your help is appreciated in any assistance you can provide.

Kind Reagrds
Che

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I'm sorry, is this the same problem or a different one?

James Davidson

James Davidson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi there again, bombarded by my IT issues or what. No, this is a seperate issue. SharePoint is an amazing product, but the help for problem solving is useless. This is to do with a HTML list you can create on the site. Datasheet view is the ability to sort of export the list to a format which is much quicker and easier to edit, without the need to go into each item, click dropdown, select Edit item etc. It shows all the fields in the list which you can amend individually...

Does that make sense ?? Probably not...

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
well, for what it's worth, this one I think I have a definitive answer...I will have to think on the other.

The default office 2003 installation does not include the sharepoint componants. So start and office installation, click add/remove components, then click ADVANCED, then go to OFFICE TOOLS, then select SHAREPOINT SERVICES SUPPORT, and click RUN FROM MY COMPUTER...

this also may fix the other problem in a more elegant way...

James Davidson

James Davidson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi Gerry,

Unfortunately, that didnt seem to cure the problem. Ran the installation, even tried re-installation from the disks with enabling SharePoint support in advanced. Same error occurs....

These things can be sooo frustrating...

Any other suggestions ? Also, thanks for your help so far

Che

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
what version of office do you have? Professional? Standard? I found a reference to the fact that this occurs with standards, because Standard edition does not support Datasheet view

James Davidson

James Davidson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,

That may be the issue with the datasheet. I am running Office 2003, Small business edition.

The Cure for the opening in application and saving back to Companyweb seemd to work fin. I can do all that now. Thanks

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
http://wss.collution...orm.aspx?ID=253

we call this a BINGO in my church :tazz:

James Davidson

James Davidson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi G,

Thanks for your help. Datasheet issue confirmed, apparently S.Point integrates a lot better with Ofice Professional across a number of areas. Typical, just after i bought Small Business. Oh, well

On the Component, i actually had to re-install office from disk (as opposed to control panel) and select the 'run from my computer' which was odd, but hey, all ok.

May i wish you happiness and prosperity for all eternity...

Che :tazz: