Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

List Program for iTunes?

• Please log in to reply

spaztastic

spaztastic

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Does anyone know of a program that will analyze my entire iTunes Library and create a List of all of the contents of it? For example, it would scan my iTunes Library and save a text that looks like this:

Akon - Smack That
Flo-Rida - Low
T-Pain - Bartender
Yung Joc - I'm a G

Also, if anyone knows of a program that will scan my music files and find and fill in the metadata, that would be nice. I'm tired of going file to file and entering Name, Artist, Album and Artwork.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
not a separate program, but you can go to itunes and right click on the library in question and export song list. It will export into a straight text file.

Upon further investigation:

As long as you’re backing up the iTunes Music Library files (in the “iTunes�? folder you have selected), you’re backing up all playlists as well. Keep this intact, and you can restore this file along with your music in the event of library loss. Check out our Complete Guide to Backing up iPod & iTunes Music.

To export a simple tab-separated text file of a playlist containing all the metadata you could ever want (track name, artist, album, filename, rating, playcount, etc.), simply right click (PC) or control-click (Mac) on the playlist name and select “Export Song List...�?. This will write the file to the location of your choosing. Because this is a tab-separated file, you can easily import it into Excel.

Want to go straight to Excel without the intermediate file? Simply open a playlist in iTunes, select Edit --> Select All from the menu, and select Edit --> Copy. Then open Excel and “Paste�? your data in. This is often more convenient, as you’ll only be copying the columns shown in iTunes, which are likely the ones you’d like to archive.

more sources here;
http://reviews.cnet....-6797559-1.html